Wednesday, January 13, 2016

New Year's Day Jam 2016!

Happy New Year!

Jamie was in town for the holidays so we got the trio back together for one jam session. This track, Platypus, started with me on the drums and then came to life when Jamie started thumping a cool bass line. Eric's guitar completes the vibe.  He wasn't happy with his sound so he spends part of the jam fiddling with his knobs but I like it.  And then I flubbed the ending...

Gear:
Eric: guitar, rack of filters and lots of knobs
Jamie: Novax CH8
Dan: Drums

Video specs:
This time I set the gopro cameras to the "wide" setting instead of "superview" which is what I used on previous jams. I think I prefer the way this looks except we should have framed the cameras a little better.  Also, the drum cam died before the end of the jam but the position of Jamie's camera captured the drumming anyway so it worked out.

 

No comments: