Sunday, August 5, 2007

new toy




When I was a little boy I was fascinated with tape recorders. I used to watch my father dictate into a "handheld" tape recorder a little larger than the earliest Sony walkman. On one of my birthdays he handed me his tape recorder and said "happy birthday son!". It wasn't wrapped or anything. He had probably forgotten my b-day and decided to grab the first thing he saw. But the thing is, I couldn't have been happier. I played with that thing for hours every day. One of my favorite films growing up was Blow Out by Brian De Palma starring John Travolta. After watching that I wanted to be a sound engineer for film. Now I do graphics work on computer animated films and my hobby is music and music production. And I'm still fascinated with recorded sound. So, I'm thrilled by my new toy, the Belkin TuneTalk microphone which lets me record directly onto my iPod. Here's my first test recording of me playing my acoustic guitar. A little noodling turned into a sloppy rendition of Mood For a Day by Steve Howe. Enjoy!


playingWithITalk.mp3

No comments: