Sunday, September 9, 2007

2 man blues(ky) jam


OK, I know it's been a long time... In the past few weeks there have been a couple memorable jams... MD came up with a funky tune in one of them, Maddog got me playing some old school Van Halen, but i just forgot to record them all. Well, this time I didn't forget. On Friday Jon Townley brought his semi-hollow electric and we decided to have a 2-man jam. He let me play his guitar while he played bass. We played for about 20 minutes. I'm posting the last little bit of our jam which was a basic blues pattern. I had a blast soloing over Jon's bass line and I really liked the tone I got from his guitar.

Listen to it here.

4 comments:

Shaun Cusick said...

I'm really diggin' that groove Shimmy.

Dan a.k.a. Shimmy said...

Shaun, I was having second thoughts about posting that jam warts and all, but now I don't feels so bad. Thanks dude!

Pointpusher said...

"Don't feel bad!?!" I should hit you man... It's great just as is. You are a very skilled musician Shim.

Dan a.k.a. Shimmy said...

Thanks Danny! I have to keep reminding myself that the whole point of my blog was to post completely improvised jams. I knew it would be uncomfortable for me but another part of me thinks it's cool. I think you can learn a lot about a musician when they flub a note and gracefully (or not so gracefully) resolve it... And I think that was my intention for this blog, to let you hear all of my flubs. And by forcing myself to listen to them I might learn a few things as well... Like in this jam I learned that the bass needs to be loud enough so I can hear what key to play in. d'oh!