Friday, March 2, 2012

1/14/2012 jam session



This set of jams is a real team effort. To start out there were only 2 of us where there are normally 3. So, Eric and I had to modify our rigs and bring a little more gear. Eric's guitar rig got scaled down and split so that he could have a bass rig as well. So he has 2 smaller pedalboards instead of one giant box of wires, lights, and buttons. I brought my Novax CH8 guitar which is a bass/guitar hybrid with "fanned" frets. It's awesome. Our missing third person, Jamie, usually brings his Novax CH7 which is a prototype of my guitar, has 7 strings instead of 8, and a longer scale so the bass gets more overtones. It's pretty sweet. Eric also handled all of the recording and mixing. I just processed the mixes a little and posted them on soundcloud.

Anyway, I took care of all the drumming gear and between the two of us we had a pretty sweet setup. In the past 3 jams Eric and I have been trying out this new configuration and I kind of like it. It's nice to know that if Jamie ever gets hit by a bus we can still have a decent rhythm section. Just kidding Jamie, if you read this...

So as usual we plugged everything in and improvised like crazy people for a few hours and got it all on tape. We usually get all the good jamming done in the first 10 minutes. I don't know why, that's just how it works. So, don't feel bad if you shut it off after a few minutes, you're probably not missing much.

Well, I'm late for this week's jam session... enjoy!

No comments: