Friday, March 2, 2012

Feb 1 2012 Reunion Jam

Jamie returned from his 6 week hiatus. Eric announced that he was moving to CT, and I got sick with some kind of flu / food-poisoning thing after having my cat euthanized a couple days earlier. I thought I was well enough to play but it turns out I was still feeling really sick and I ended up playing the drums wearing my down jacket and wool hat. I think I played a lot of late fills but it was a pretty successful jam considering the bad shape I was in.

The first couple jams were good considering we hadn't played in 6 weeks. I think we were just getting warmed up. Damn, I'm not sure why it sounds distorted. I might have over-modulated the mix or the mics might have been too hot. I'll look into that...

One thing to note about Traveler is that you can probably hear Jamie trying to mess with me by alternating time signatures. It worked but as long as I play thru it you probably can't tell that I'm confused...

My apologies about "One Whole Song" which was a 47 seconds of a thing that sounded like an intro to something but wasn't. It seemed funny at the time...

I think JetLag was the jam where I started getting into the drum part. I think I managed to play more dynamic than usual before almost passing out.

I think "The Sickness" was when I stopped playing drums and picked up Eric's guitar for a while. That's Jamie on Drums and Eric on Novax. I called it the sickness in reference to my feeling like I was going to die the entire time.

I remember being pretty pissed during the last jam when the assholes at Soundworks came to ask us to wrap up the shithead stood there for 30 seconds and waited for us to stop playing to tell us we had 7 minutes left. Fucking prick.

But i guess it was an 18 minute jam. I tried to stretch it out as long as possible because I was afraid I'd pass out if I stopped playing or something.

No comments: