Monday, August 18, 2014

Fuzz Cast Episode 10 - Droopy Dog


Host: Dan Shimmyo

  In this episode I talk about Robin Williams's depression which lead to his suicide. It is a dark subject but I think it's important to talk about it. I especially think it's important for people to know that there's a big difference between feeling depressed and suffering from clinical depression. If you don't know the difference please google it.  I'm sure to bring it up again in the future.  Perhaps I'll find a way to link mental health with creativity and musicianship...
  There's another Trumpet Time segment where I play the c-major scale a little faster and cleaner than last time. I think my next installment will be in the form of a simple melody.
  The musical portion of this podcast is a new Fuzz Bucket jam session I called Droopy Dog. It's another jam session based on a simple phrase played on the saxophone and then stretched out into a whole jam. At some point Eric Maurer plays a walking bass line and towards the end I think Jamie plays some rocking drums. Everyone was having fun.
links:
soundcloud.com/shimster
danshimmyo.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/danshimmyo
www.facebook.com/FuzzBucketNYC


Check out this episode!

No comments: