Monday, October 6, 2014

Fuzz Cast 17 - Green Tinted Sixties Mind


In this episode I dig up an ancient tape of a recording experiment from around 1991 or 1992. In this experiment I covered Green Tinted Sixties Mind by Mr. Big. Back in 1991-1992 it was my favorite song. I couldn't get enough of it so I learned to play every single part and recreated it while I was learning to make music on a multitrack recorder.  Based on the sounds I'm hearing I think I was using a Carvin DC200, some old generic bass, a Boss DR660 drum machine, and I'm assuming I was using a Tascam 488 since that's the only 8-track I owned and I don't think I could have achieved this much clarity on a 4-track.
  Please excuse my stuffy nose and the police sirens in the background.
links:
soundcloud.com/shimster
danshimmyo.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/danshimmyo
www.facebook.com/FuzzBucketNYC


Check out this episode!

No comments: